Sedadica - I will try the bun idea tonight. Actually, I'm going to try making several buns on my head in hopes to retain my 3a curls better.

Fmasuhr - I used a satin pillowcase for 2 years and went back to a regular one recently. I didn't notice any benefits of using a satin case, and my head always slid off of it. :/

Results of my overnight braid-out:
I made two braids, and they stayed in all night. When I took them out in the morning, my hair looked like I got a bad perm or crimp, andmy curls fell straight at the ends. So I generously wet my hair and scrunched some gel in and went about my business. When my hair dried, it looked better than earlier, but it still didn't look like my nice usual botticelli curls. Thus, the braid-out routine was a fail for me.

Tomorrow I'll share the results of wearing a bun overnight. My prediction is it will not work because the top of my head can easily loose volume and curl if I'm not careful. I also predict I'll have a big dent in the back of my head from tying it in a bun. But I sure hope I'm proved wrong!!
Low/Med porosity, very fine, low/med elasticity & density, 3A
AKA hard to work with hair!

Low-Poo: Kenra Volumizing shampoo, AG Fast Food shampoo
CO: AG Ultramoist, AO GPB, Nature's Gate Aloe Vera
Gel: GFCC mousse, HETT, Aquage Megagel
Also: Aloe Vera juice or Alba Leave-in. Weekly ACV rinse.
Wishlist: YTC low-poo, Elucence poo, Bioterra Curl Creme, AGEbeautiful Strengthening trtment, SS Repairing Protein Trtment, LuxyHair ext's