View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 08:45 AM   #2
kimmidawn

Wow your hair looks fantastic already, it's so pretty. Since you know your hair is fine, it would probably like a protein treatment (most fine hair does really well with protein). I like IAgirl's recipe that she posted on the forums because it's cheap and super easy to make (if you search them, you should be able to find it easily), but there are also commercial products like Aphogee 2 Step (found at Sally's). I usually leave IAgirl's PT on for anywhere from half an hour to an hour, because if I leave it on less, I can't tell much difference.

Now after you do a protein treatment, your hair may feel very dry, in which case you'll need to get some moisture back in via a deep treatment. I personally like GVP Conditioning Balm for mine. Honestly a lot of the trouble curly girls have is finding a balance between protein and moisture.

Low-poo: UFD Rich & Funky
Cowash: VO5 Kiwi Lime
RO: Tresemme Naturals, Aubrey Organics GPB, Ion Effective Care, MillCreek Keratin
PT/DT: IAgirl's PT, GVP CB
LI: KCKT, Cure Care, CJ CCCC Lite
Styling: Curl Keeper, As I Am Jelly, UFD Curly Magic, CJ Curl Queen, TIGI Strong Hold Mousse

http://public.fotki.com/kdawn12/

^^ day 1 of going CG; avatar = 6 months later
kimmidawn is offline   Reply With Quote