Thread: Are you mixed?
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 04:47 PM   #140
TriMixDiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlyhoneyb View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMixDiva View Post
^^ Wow thats really mean that people would ask in an obviously disrespectful way. How does that sound? When people ask what I am I am always flattered because they find me interesting looking enough to want to get know more about me, and they usually follow it up with "your pretty" or "you have a really pretty face."
You're lucky that people are nice about it. That has never really been my experience. I tend to get weird looks or people will make very racist comments. I've had people say stuff about black people to me without realizing that I'm half black. I have also been insulted by other minorities for being of mixed race and for being so light-skinned.

No one has ever really told me I'm pretty because I'm mixed. The closest I've heard to a compliment is that I'm "exotic" or that I have an "interesting" look, but not that I'm pretty. Some people have a very stereotypical view of what a mixed girl should look like. Some people have told me that my skin is too light and my hair is too nappy, therefore I'm too unattractive to be mixed.

If anything, when I was younger, most people went out of their way to make me feel ashamed of who I was. I've only recently started to feel more secure in my identity.

You are beautiful, BTW.
Thank you! Grrr I'm mad at the injustice you have faced! I have had people say bad things about black people in front of me and when I would be like hey thats not cool I'm black they'd be like oh well. Clearly they weren't my friends. I also was teased in elementary school by one other light skinned girl, which is weird because we should've been on the same team right? She would call me camouflage like saying I was see through i guess?

But my point is that people have been totally stupid and ignorant to me too about race just not when what nationality I am.

And I'm sure you are very pretty!!
Length: MBL stretched
Doing what I want when I want! Getting tempted to bkt the nape save me lol
TriMixDiva is offline   Reply With Quote