View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 07:14 PM   #4
kimmidawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegaciesOfLove View Post
I'm sorry...what is CG? I'm new to this forum, lol. If it would improve the texture, it definitely sounds like something I need to do.

My hair is deceptively thick. When I go get it cut, they never think it's thick looking at it, and then they get into and they have a cow. Then they try to thin it which makes my hair grow out a million different lengths ugh.

I'm not sure about the porousness of my hair. I'm tending to think pretty decently so...my hair is always dry and takes color & perms extremely well. I've thought about reperming my hair so that it behaves, but I'd reeeeally rather perfect its natural texture if I can.

Now the fine vs. coarse is where my hair gets complicated. Some of the hairs are medium...easily seen on a paper, but more difficult to feel between the fingers. Some of them are coarse..very easily seen against a paper, and wiry feeling between the fingers.

This is why I'm so frustrated, lol. Partly medium/partly coarse. Partly curly wavy/partly straighter wavy. My hair is a hot mess.

The College Curly <--- that website is a great place to get started; it gives a very basic overview of CG (curly girl). It's basically treating your hair very gentle and trying to encourage it's natural wave or curls. I would also suggest reading the links listed in Useful Curly Links and here Start Here!

Those will answer more of your questions, HTH.

Low-poo: UFD Rich & Funky
Cowash: VO5 Kiwi Lime
RO: Tresemme Naturals, Aubrey Organics GPB, Ion Effective Care, MillCreek Keratin
PT/DT: IAgirl's PT, GVP CB
LI: KCKT, Cure Care, CJ CCCC Lite
Styling: Curl Keeper, As I Am Jelly, UFD Curly Magic, CJ Curl Queen, TIGI Strong Hold Mousse

http://public.fotki.com/kdawn12/

^^ day 1 of going CG; avatar = 6 months later
kimmidawn is offline   Reply With Quote