Under The Dome by Stephen King.
Originally Posted by curlylaura
ooh that is a good one, i remember reading that when it first came out. I thought the book was very well done
Originally Posted by J5baby
Scariest part is that is exactly how people will behave if it does ever happen.

It's also the first Stephen King book I've read. I must find more!
Originally Posted by curlylaura
'Salem's Lot was my frist King book back in about 1975. Since then I've read them all, I think. I've read the apocalyptic The Stand at least four times - my favorite of all. About to re-read 'Salem's Lot for the first time - it was just re-released in paperback, I guess because of the vampire craze.

Also recommend The Tommyknockers as probably my third favorite of his.

Don't turn your nose up at any of the books just because you may've seen a movie based on it - they usually bear little resemblance to each other, IMO, except for The Green Mile, Stand By Me, and The Shawshank Redemption (the latter two based on a couple of his often excellent short stories).

King's my age and writes so well of the times of of my childhood !

I've been reading 2 Scandinavian mystery series. One by Henning Mankell and the other by Arnaldur Indridason. I learn all sorts of weird things in these books: like did you know that in Iceland everybody goes by their first name, even in the telephone directory.

Both series feature appealingly gloomy detectives who think to themselves things like: "Erlender looked at him, his tasteful clothing and his manicured nails, and wondered whether a happy life made people even more boring than they were to start with."

They're fat, they're getting old, they have problems with their families, they hate their co-workers, they deal with all sorts of frustrations - I can relate!
Originally Posted by curlypearl
I think I saw part of a PBS series based on Erlender?? If so, I liked what I saw enough that I'd like to read them!
2C/3A/3B - modified CG - fairly fine now, normal/low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated or Aim2Health 'poos for scalp, Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite,CJ Pattern Pusha,, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing w/360o diffuser then clips/clamps & air dry. Newly gray - stopped my henna glosses!

www.fotki.com/auntnett

Last edited by WurlyLox; 02-16-2012 at 12:06 PM.