Hi Curlies, I haven't been here much since I discovered facebook (easier to keep in touch with everyone, not just my curlfriends) but I was thinking of you all lately because menopause is a pain and I wanted someone to talk to about it! (I have only one friend who is menopausal and she doesn't have the issues I have!)
My last period was in April 2010-I was 47. The previous fall, just after I turned 46, things really went downhill-my hair was a dry, frizzy mess, my skin was horrendous-dry, SUPER sensitive, breaking out all over, I gained so much weight, I was exhausted, etc etc....I had a few hot flashes now and then but not too bad at all.
I did not want to go the HRT route, so I tried just about everything else, but nothing worked.
So-I suffered.
Fortunately, my hair and skin have rebounded, I have lost the extra weight and feel pretty okay except for the damned hot flashes! The ones I had initially were NOTHING like the ones I have now!
I have one every hour-almost on the hour-and they are almost painful.
I sweat profusely(omg,my underboobs are the worst!)
and if I am asleep, I am wide awake in an instant.I have a fan by my bed to blow on me and that does help.
They last about 3-4 minutes.
I already can't fall asleep so the constant waking is pretty annoying.
I REALLY do not want to do the HRT.
Tell me, ladies-what is working for YOU?
Oh-I discovered that caffeine is NOT my friend!

Love ya,
Mar
"what's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?"

"If you judge people,you have no time to love them"
-Mother Theresa