View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 02:44 PM   #9
lcl0706

Color me stupid here, but I guess I don't understand the difference between an S-wave for type 2 girls, and a "spiral" curl for type 3 girls. My hair looks like both of those pictures StayBeautiful linked, and it also looks a lot like a lot of the pictures in the 3A pics thread in the 3A forum. But if I've ever asked input from anyone, I'm typed a "wavy." My hair curls from the root and bounces up and does not fit the 2c description on NC.com at all, it's not coarse, it's not resistant to styling, etc. It does frizz a little but what curly doesnt. But my waves are "wavier" than what I'd call a 2b. But I don't see a lot of obvious spiral formation.

I know it doesn't matter on the grand scale of hair care and it's just a fun thing, but to me, that first pic of her looks like S waves. I wouldn't type Taylor's hair any "curlier" than 2C. I love her hair. To me, a 3A is like CalamityM, or BoticelliBabe - big, very obvious, spirals.

I guess I'm just curious where you draw the line between S waves and Spiral Curls?

Co-wash: VO5 Volumizing
Poo: Giovanni 50:50
RO:TN, Nexxus Youth Renewal, Alba Coconut
LI: KCKT
PT: gelatin PT, ION EC
Stylers: Giovanni mousse, TIGI Curls Rock amplifier (a-cone), Curls Rock Strong Hold Mousse
Gels: SCC spray gel

lcl0706 is offline   Reply With Quote