Curl Keeper's texture is almost like water. If I don't put it in really, really wet hair, my hair literally squeaks! I've found that when I use Curl Keeper with no other product, my hair gets very frizzy and fly-away when I air-dry or diffuse.

Personally, I can't use Curl Keeper by itself (I've used it successfully with Tweek on rainy days), but I'm not really sure if it does anything I really need, at this point in my hair growth (if ever). It seems to coat my hair, which would be perfect if my wet hair was in the style I want my dry hair to be. However, my hair curls and spirals as it dries, so the Curl Keeper seems to hold back my hair and change the curl pattern. I have the same problem with CJ Curls in a Bottle.

There are a couple of curl creams I love: Biotera Curl Creme and Ion Curl Shaping Creme. They both seem to be much lighter in weight than Curl Keeper, so my hair is free to shape itself. The creams moisturize and keep away frizz. I use gels all the time in the summer, and when I'm in high dew points, but in dry weather/low dew points, creams seem to soothe my hair.

You hair looks beautiful in your avatar - so keep doing whatever you're doing!
3b/c, Coarse, Low Porosity, Desert Climate
CG since August 2011/Modified since 2013
Favorites: KCKT, Wonder Curl Get Set Jelly, Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade, Jane Carter Nourish & Shine Butter,Camille Rose Curl Maker,
Miss Jessie's Curly Meringue,Curls Unleashed Curl Refresher,
Shea Moisture Hold & Shine Moisture Spray, As I Am Cowash