Here is a website that you can check out so you can really learn all on your own and at your own pace about porosity and texture: www.livecurlylivefree.com

A great book is called "The Science of Black Hair" by Audrey Davis Sivasothy. Both are incredible resources for restoring your hair and learning about natural hair. Once you figure out for sure your porosity and texture you can come up with your own regimen.

I cut off all my hair recently as well (I've been natural for quite a few years though so I'm a vet when it comes to my natural hair care) and I wear wigs as well sometimes. I like wigs because unlike weaves you can just take the wig off every day and still care for your natural hair daily. I STILL co-wash my hair every day and moisturize. I also make sure my own hair is fully dry before I wear my wigs. I also keep my hair detangled regularly and I make sure I clean my scalp very very well.

If you are one of those people that just can't co-wash daily..and would prefer to have longer hair most of the time..why not try making your own u-part wigs where you just sew the perimeter. This way it won't take very long, you can feel comfortable and secure with having longer hair, and weekly you can take it down, wash, condition, and moisturize your hair..then you can simply re-use it or make another one.

Check out these videos to see what I mean:

How to Sew in a U-part Wig (to the side) tutorial - YouTube
Making my wig with a hot glue gun, Natural hair update, Hair I might review next - YouTube

Installing my 3/4 wig i made with a hot glue gun! =) - YouTube

Side U-Part Braid Pattern, Install "Tutorial" and FAQ - YouTube

Last edited by *Marah*; 02-24-2012 at 12:37 AM.