View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 06:01 AM   #2
curvesncurls

I don't think I'll be of much help, but you are not alone! After I did my first PT when my hair was crazy over-conditioned I started using more protein in everything I put in my hair. It has helped kick up my curls for sure, but now I'm starting to get tangly again. But if I use more moisturizing products in place of the protein, my hair starts to get squeaky and lose its definition. I have heard that the Aphogee 2-step treatment has a lot of protein in it, but I found that I didn't get enough protein in any single treatment I tried (and I tried a bunch!) to maintain my curl pattern without getting OC'd. I'm still tweaking my shower routine since I got a ton of new products from the swap boards recently. But before I started experimenting I was co-washing with Mill Creek Botanicals Keratin Repair conditioner then following up with Deva OneC. I can only leave the OneC in for a few minutes. I also always use CJ Curl Fix as my leave-in (as recommended by KathyMack) and it works beautifully. My curl creams are really moisturizing and sometimes they contain protein too (one of my faves is CJ CCCC). Depending on what I use as my curl enhancer, I may also use EcoStyler as my gel which also has protein in it. I've never gotten "crunchy hair" from using too much protein. Also, I don't dye my hair so I can't speak from personal experience, but I've heard that using protein after you dye will make the color fade so keep that in mind too. Good luck!!
curvesncurls is offline   Reply With Quote