Your hair sounds almost exactly like mine, except I did get crunchy hair from IAgirls protein treatment but I think that was a dislike for the gelatin protein. Thanks so much for your response; it's nice to know I'm not alone in this. The CJ Curl Fix and CCCC are both sounding like I should try them out. Have you tried any other curl enhancers? I'm pretty new at this and don't really know what to look for. Thanks!
Originally Posted by jen94
I'm pretty new too (which is why I caution everyone that they might want a second opinion on any of my suggestions lol), but I am still searching for my HG curl enhancer. I had amazing results with KCCC the first time I used it (before I started using lots of protein) - awesome clumps and my hair was SO soft. Unfortunately I haven't been able to duplicate those results, but I can't honestly say it's ever given me "bad" results - just not as great as the first time. The KCCC is all moisture, there's no protein in it at all, so I use Curl Fix and Ecostyler I also really love AG Recoil. The protein is pretty far down on the list, but it works great no matter what leave-in I use (even if I don't use one). Unlike KCCC and CCCC though, the Recoil breaks up clumps and gives me lots of smaller spirals all over. I usually use a protein gel over this too.

But my favorite "curl enhancer" is the pixie-curl method: The No-Frizz Pixie Curl Method

I use it with pretty much everything I put in my hair. It took me a little while to get used to my hair looking worse at first - my curls looked really squished and tangled - but once I finish drying, flip back over, and shake my head a few times my hair looks awesome. My waves are 3a-3b curls and they stay that way until I get home - I love it! I never got so many compliments on my hair as when I started using pixie-curl. One of the girls I work with even told me that I had "perfect ringlets" (eee! )

One last suggestion I can offer is to find someone (or a few people!) on the boards who have the same hair characteristics as you. Check out their siggies to see what products and/or techniques they use. This can help guide you on what might work well for your hair type.