I hope this is not getting too personal, but did you notice any mental transformations as well?

Anyway, thanks for sharing! I am excited to do the strength training program with you.
Originally Posted by Saila
Not quite sure what you mean but I'll try an answer. Mentally I've stayed pretty even I think and I credit most of that to who I was before. I know a lot of over weight people when they start losing weight they become much more confident, outgoing, assertive and take charge...but I was all those things before mostly because I liked me. I hated the weight, how it made me feel trapped in my own body, but I still LIKED NCC at the end of the day. I think a lot of overweight people don't like themselves and it manifests itself in how they carry and present themselves. I wasn't about to be a wall flower just because I was the fat chick.

Hope that answers your question and I'm looking forward to the weight program too! I want muscles (well nice lady muscles)

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
Originally Posted by Nappy_curly_crown
Oh, I guess I should clarify what I meant. I was more curious to learn how you developed mentally in your training. For example, when I first started running I couldn't even run for a MINUTE then before I knew it I was running 5miles. That process taught me to gauge my mental status better and reevaluate what I think is possible emotionally and physically. It's difficult to articulate but I felt like I grew from it. I was wondering if anything like that happened for you?

I want muscles too!
Originally Posted by Saila
I see what you mean. I'm sort of in the middle of that process I think. Before, working out was very mentally frustrating. I've never really had a problem pushing myself in the gym, but what would always happen was that mentally I wanted to push way more than my body was capable of doing and I would end up with some injury and frustrated. At 300+ pounds, even walking puts so much strain on your joints, knees, back you name it. Looking back on it, I can't fathom how I managed to move as much as I did with that amount of weight on my body. So loosing the weight and being able to push my body to the level that mentally I always wanted to do is such a freeing feeling.

Now, I'm just to the point where my trainer wants to push even farther than I thought I could go (which is why I hired him)...and I'm starting to see that I CAN do things. So I'm just at the beginning of that mental awaking you're talking about...but I'm looking forward to what I might learn about myself.
Wanna talk products? Come Join us here!
http://www.facebook.com/PlatinumPJ

Extremely thick, kinky curls/coils that have a mind of thier own!!!!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter