I use a lot of rich products, so haven't had to DT in years. Lots of folks like the Biolage. For me, the conditioning balm wasn't moisturizing enough to use as a rinse out, so I'm not sure that it's enough moisture for you to be using as a DT, especially if your hair is really dry.

Mid Atlantic states have had a fairly mild winter, so really low dewpoints haven't been an issue around here this year. If you're having a really hard winter and your hair is really dry, you need to be careful with the PTs. Great hair is all about getting the moisture/protein balance right. If your hair is really dry, you need to work on that. Repair Me is probably one of the best, moisturizing PTs you can use--but unless you get your hair moisturized properly, no PT is going to do wonders for you.
Originally Posted by kathymack
I'm about to cowash my hair with CJDF and then use the conditioning balm as a rinse out and then use some as a leave-in, then style it. We'll see if it works...

I just don't know any products that is very moisturizing at the moment. And I can't expect miracles the first time I use my new products because, I spent months being a jerk to my hair so now it's (rightfully) being a jerk right back.

EDIT: And just to make this thread more interesting, I'll be posting pictures of my hair and we'll see if I need to tweek anything into my routine. I'm a dummie with all of this, so forgive me! :P

CG since 3/11/2012

Type 2C (Botticelli according to Curly Girl: The Handbook)
iii Density
Medium-Coarse Texture
Normal Porosity
Normal Elasticity
HATES: Traditional sulfates/cones.
LOVES: Lots of moisture and homemade FSG!
(Many thanks to
http://www.livecurlylivefree.com/ for helping me figure out my texture, porosity, and elasticity properties! Check them out sometime!)