I just did the two strand twists and went to a meeting for a few hours and I had mixed results. The front half of my hair looked great! No frizz, some semblance of organization to my curls & the ends didn't look as fried. The back half didn't really take to it too much. I think because the back has much tighter curls, the twists really only held towards the bottom portion of the strands but the top just looked like a brillo pad lol.

As far as sealants, I'm new to this so I didn't really know there was such a thing. I just put in the cantu shea butter cream when my hair is wet & that's pretty much it. I don't know how I feel about cutting off the damaged ends only because I'm obsessed with length & I know that I'm never going to be a full time curly girl so I feel like I will always have some damage. I'm sure it would probably look better though.
Originally Posted by omgitsang
I absolutely hate Cantu Shea Butter. It made my hair feel dry & like it was coated with plastic. I normally use conditioner as a leave-in. My fave right now is V05 because it isn't super heavy, and I seal it with a little grapeseed oil.

Have you tried any protein treatments to treat your heat damage? I don't know how long you have had it but sometimes protein will help to restore some of your curl. Also, you don't have to cut all the damage off at once if you were considering cutting your hair. You can gradually trim. One more thing, for the hair that doesn't curl much, you can try scrunching while your hair is wet to give it some curl.