View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 02:03 AM   #1
kimmidawn

Question Fine, normal, normal - product/technique loves?

I was just thinking that recently I've seen quite a few wavies (like myself) whose hair properties are fine texture, normal porosity, normal elasticity, and it might be nice (especially for people who are more new to the boards or anyone who wants some ideas for their inner PJ) to have people with these properties list any products or techniques that seem to work for them.

Products:
Giovanni Smooth as Silk (low poo) - didn't strip my hair of moisture like other low poos I had tried (like Everpure and Renpure in the red bottle)
Aubrey Organics GPB (rinse out) - great dose of protein for my fine hair, generally rotate it with a lighter conditioner with little to no protein
Cure Care (rinse out) - another conditioner with a good amount of protein, use this or Aubrey Organics during the week between protein treatments, also sometimes use it as a leave in
Tresemme Naturals (rinse out) - doesn't weigh down my fine hair
KCKT (leave in) - doesn't weigh my hair down
CJ CCCC Lite (leave in) - doesn't weigh my hair down, makes my hair feel really smooth
KCCC (styling product) - gives me good clumps - good when used under BRHG
AG Re:Coil (styling product) - gives great clumps - good when used under BRHG
BRHG (styling product) - very hard hold gel I layer on top of other styling products makes sure my waves stay all day
Shea Moisture Curl Milk (styling product) - nice for scrunching out the crunch

Techniques:
Icequeen - helps a great deal with clumping
Plopping (for 5-20 minutes) - works to set up clumps, best if I scrunch in a curl cream or gelly before plopping
Scrunch 'n Pump - one of the best ways to encourage my waves to clump
Pixie Diffusing - this or diffusing in general is necessary to set the gel cast so my waves will last all day

Link to techniques: TECHNIQUES LINKS: SuperSoaker,Spritz&Condish,Plopping,Frizz,Clipping IceQueen, etc

Link to list of acronyms for products: Acronyms/Abbreviations/Definitions!

Can't wait to see what everyone else uses

Low-poo: UFD Rich & Funky
Cowash: VO5 Kiwi Lime
RO: Tresemme Naturals, Aubrey Organics GPB, Ion Effective Care, MillCreek Keratin
PT/DT: IAgirl's PT, GVP CB
LI: KCKT, Cure Care, CJ CCCC Lite
Styling: Curl Keeper, As I Am Jelly, UFD Curly Magic, CJ Curl Queen, TIGI Strong Hold Mousse

http://public.fotki.com/kdawn12/

^^ day 1 of going CG; avatar = 6 months later
kimmidawn is offline   Reply With Quote