View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 07:18 PM   #2
Corrina777

This is going to be embarrassingly long, but I am the ultimate PJ!

Products
Co-Wash
Tresemme Naturals Radiant Volume- This is the only straight conditioner I will use for co-washing. Great slip, rinses clean, feels nice and light
CJ Daily Fix- My HG cleanser- I much prefer cleansing conditioners to staring conditioners for co-washing. This one cleans my scalp and roots but also moisturizes without feeling heavy
L'Oreal Evercreme Cleansing Conditioner- I like this as a cheap alternative to CJDF. I don't love it, but it does what it's supposed to do
Deva Curl No-Poo- Used this for two years before I ever heard of CG. Will use in a pinch, but after trying CJDF, this product seems kind of drying in comparison
Jessicurl HCC- Cleanses well, does not feel as moisturizing as CJDF
ION Reconstructor- Yes, this is technically a PT, but it has two different surfacants in it so I decided to start using it as a cleanser to get some extra protein into my hair. Not as moisturizing as the other products, but cleanses well and smells wonderful
Suave Natural Coconut-I tried it, I hated it. Made my roots feel super gunky.

Low-Poo
SM Moisture Retention- This is my current favorite because it doesn't feel as drying as most of the low-poos I've tried
Renpure Organics (red)- Not quite as moisturizing as the SM, but still very gentle compared to other low-poos
DermOrganics Conditioning Shampoo- moisturizes like a conditioner, cleanses like a shampoo- this stuff is fabulous (can be difficult to find on the ground)
Giovanni (50/50 and TTT)- I clumped these together because even though the 50/50 definitely had a better moisture balance, in the grand scheme of things, I found both to be about average in terms of a good balance between cleansing and moisturizing
KC Come Clean- This left my hair feeling much worse than my weekly sulfate shampoo- very drying!

Clarify- CHS Treatment Shampoo- If I'm using cleansing conditioners I don't technically have the need to clarify, but I like to use this protein heavy shampoo immediately before my PT/DT

Rinse Outs
GFTN- This is in regular rotation, but I most often use it to add extra slip and moisture to protein-heavy conditioners
CJ Beauticurls- Light but moisturizing, compliments CJDF perfectly
Jessicurl Too Shea- More moisturizing than I expected, not as much slip as I would like
TN Nourishing Moisture- Lighter than GFTN, but I use it the same way for the same reasons. I also use this as my LI most days.
ION Effective Care- My between PT protein boost. I mix with GFTN or TN
CHS Pure Silk Protein- I use this the same way as the Effective Care and the results are very similar- will probably not re-purchase only because Effective Care is way less expensive

StylingBiotera Curl Creme- I rotate this pretty regularly. I don't find the results nearlt as good as Re:coil, but since it's cheap, I find it great for everyday wash and go styling
Re:Coil- I love this stuff! I haven't found a combination that didn't work with this
Curl Keeper- I use this when I'm looking foir seriously awesome hair, usually for a night out
CJPP- I like the goopy feeling this gel has, but I need to add a bit of BRHG to it for extra hold
Biotera Gel- I like to use this when I diffuse because the thin consistency work well for SMasters technique
BRHG- I mix this with other gels for extra hold
Deva ArcAngel- This is in my regular rotation- better hold than AnGel
CJCCCCL- I found that I prefer this product for SOTC or to smooth out frizzes on second day hair. I found that in a pinch CJCCCC mixed with CIAB is also a nice SOTC mix
HETT Mousse- I use this on the rare occasion that I get to try for second day hair

Techniques- Plopping (5-10 minutes only), diffusing (I have no patience for Pixie Curl method). I will t-shirt scrunch if I'm really in a hurry and need to get my hair reasonably dry (like when I'm running late for work in the dead of winter), but try to avoid when I can because it makes my curls stringier

3a/f/iii Before the chop- Donated to Locks of Love, January 2013
Modified CG since 11/5/11
CO-WASH: VO5 Vanilla Mint Tea Clarifying, DevaCare No-Poo
CLARIFY: CHS Treatment Shampoo (used prior to PT/DT)
RO: DevaCare One Condition, Regis Olive Oil
LI: Cure Care, As I Am Leave-In
STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Biotera Gel, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, GVP Liquid Sculpting Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier and Strong Hold Mousse
PT/DT: IAGirl's PT, One n' Only Argan Hydrating Mask
Corrina777 is offline   Reply With Quote