beeduh - I hope you didn't think my comment was directed toward you! omg - that is so not what I meant. Absolutely not - in any way. I loved what you wrote, and it gave me a new way of understanding why others may be curious about heritage. Our current pathetic political climate is making everybody a little paranoid, I think, myself included. When I read your post I realized that in a "melting pot", everyone should take an interest in the history and stories of others. When you said how a lady asked your husband if he was mixed, I saw it as a way of connection; breaking down the ridiculous barriers set in place by colonialists.

I'm sad that you live in a place where race is a "huge issue", because that sounds like there are a lot of difficulties and pain, and you are obviously way above that nonsense. You're a classy woman with beautiful curls!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

3b/c, Coarse, Low Porosity, Desert Climate
CG since August 2011/Occasionally Modified since 2013
Favorites: Wen Cleansing Conditioner/Coconut Lime Verbena and Spring Orange Blossom, Pure Argan Oil, Pure Coconut Oil,
KCKT, KC Come Clean, Desert Essence Soft Curls Coconut Hair Cream, Eco Natural Curling Cocktail, Desert Essence Hair Defrizzer and Heat Protector

Last edited by gardencurls; 03-22-2012 at 04:15 PM.