thanks so much yall! i'm going to take my niece one day next week. i'm going to tell her we are having a spa day. I'll deep treat her hair like i do mine, and detangle it for her. i'll see if i can style it.

i'll buy her some tressemme or sauve adn see which works best for her hair. i'll might spring for KKKT. But i'm totally getting her a comb (which she doesnt have).
Originally Posted by thelio
Ooooo my iPad deleted my response (it was longtoo)

I think this sounds great. At the very least, you can be a positive influence/ role model in her life . You can compliment her hair, and curly hair in front of her. You can show her that curly hair is beautiful.

Also, maybe you can buy a couple hair magazines, maybe one with kids styles in it - the kids /people in those mags are usually pretty/models.. And maybe that might spark her interest in wearing a curly style. Maybe pointout actresses her age (or young actresses) that have similar hair type?

Madison Pettis is young and super cute, her hair is like 3c curly I think?
Here is a link with her pictures and what shows she has been in
Madison Pettis - IMDb

If you ever get a chance to talk seriously with your nieces mom, tell her she is seriously damaging her daughters self esteem. Its not "just hair" , it is who she is! And who she is should be beautiful to her own mother.
All bets off on finding the perfect products for the curls - focusing on regrowing (50%) hair loss due to
A) Depo Provera (injectable birth control)
B) seborrheic dermatitis
C) stress/diet