View Single Post
Old 03-17-2012, 12:25 PM   #3
raindear

I know that you came here for information and advice on straightening your hair. I can't advise you to straighten your hair. I once straightened my hair with one of those home kits, and it was the worst thing I ever did to my hair. My hair wasn't damaged by the process, and didn't come out dry or anything, but it lost all its bounce, life, and body. Before the process, my hair would hold any set I liked was bouncy and lively. After, it was limp, lifeless, and would not hold any type of set at all. Until the process grew out and was cut off, I was more miserable with my hair than I had ever been before in my life.

My advice to you is like Devushka's, look around the forums here and see the other option for your hair. Not to straighten, nor to live forever with a bushy frizz that you hate, but to find the proper products and routine to bring out its best, so you can actually enjoy your curls.

At least, give this option a bit of time and study, and a trial before you choose to chemically straighten your hair.

Type:2b/3ab?
Texture:Medium/fine
Porosity:Normal
Elasticity:Normal

Experimenting with too many products to name here. All this great info keeps my head spinning.
raindear is offline   Reply With Quote