View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 11:30 AM   #36
Eilonwy

Okay, so right now I'm using Garden of Wisdom's Castile Cleanser (White). The cleanser I posted about before was nice, but I really wanted to try this one out! You'll find this on the GoW site if you click Castor/Castile Cleanser, since this is a version of that cleanser that leaves out the castor oil.

Nuking my skin with harsh products used to be the most effective way to deal with my oiliness and acne. But recently, this approach started making my skin dry and flaky, without combating the oil or zits. So, this is my attempt at using a gentler cleanser.

The Castile Cleanser is decently concentrated: a pea-sized amount is easily enough for the whole face. Using it is kind of weird, though. It doesn't rinse clean, and instead leaves skin feeling kind of coated. I'm not sure why that is, since the only ingredients are water, castile soap, citric acid, and Optiphen (a preservative). I thought that maybe my skin felt like that because the soap didn't clean away all the oil. But thoroughly washing my face twice in a row didn't change anything.

Anyway, it leaves my skin feeling very soft. I'll have to wait and see if it improves my skin, ruins it, or doesn't really make a difference.
Eilonwy is offline   Reply With Quote