View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 02:04 PM   #13
Wavyshibby

I believe I have these same properties I use a lot of product though!

Low Poo- Burt's Bees Very Volumizing- It's okay, it cleans my hair fine and it's the only low poo I have. Doesn't volumize though.

Co Wash- Suave Juicy Green Apples or Suave Ocean Breeze-They're great! Sometimes I'll use them as a rinse out if my hair is feeling a little too moisturized. They both make my scalp feel very soft. Ocean Breeze is my favorite scent ever!

Rinse Out-GFTN, KCKT, HETT, GFL&S, GFS&S- All are okay and great at moisturizing. I like KCKT best because it's light but I only need a little to detangle, but I don't use it a lot because it's expensive. My GFS&S is watered down because the cap came off, but I use that when my hair doesn't need moisture. I like HETT a lot but it has bis-something dimethicone, so I dont use that a lot since I clarify like once every other week. GFTN is very moisturizing.

Leave Ins- CCCL-best leave in ever. It's not curl enhancing enough for me as a styler, but great at moisturizing and a tiny bit curl enhancing. Sometimes I use KCKT but only if my hair is very very dry or I'm about to straighten it (neither is very oftten)

Curl Creams-AG:Recoi-my favorite. I use it 98% of the time. I have SSCEJ but that sometimes feels too product-y. I always use FSG after my curl Creme. (I make the standard kind)

Gels- Devacurl ArcAngel, Ecostyler Krystal, GFPC-ArcAngel is my favorite. Ecostyler I use a lot because it's cheap and pretty comparable. GFPC gives good results half the time, and half the time it fails completely. Since the warmer weather has come up I've been using mousses a lot more since they're lighter and make my hair fuller and fluffier.

Mousses-GF Curl Boosting Mousse, HETT, Paul Mitchell Sculpting Foam, B&B Holding Foam-GF is okay, so is HETT they're both cheap but give unpredictable results. I've been loving the Sculpting Foam with the B&B on top. It gave me 3 day hair, and it would have lasted longer if I didn't have to tie my hair up really tightly for a play. I really want to try Joico JoiWhip but I'm having trouble finding it in stores.

Finishers- KCCC for SMasters is amazing. CIAB is great as a serum to SOTC, and I also use coconut oil to SOTC. Devacurl SIF is amazing before dry plopping over night for 2nd day curls, as well as to set hair after SOTC. Sometimes I hairspray with HEBE and use my Pink Sugar Hair Perfume.

Techniques- Deva way for washing s'wavy and wavy hair in the shower, plopping for 20 mins, scrunching in products, SMASTERS WITH KCCC for curls and hold, pixie diffusing, plopping overnight on dry hair. (with a little SIF before tying the shirt)

3 products I can't get to work for me are LALSG-not enough hold. CK-curls are too limp (then again I don't have a major frizz problem) and TIGI Curls Rock Curl Amplifier (old formulation)- feels sticky and product-y, doesn't give me curls but gives me weird bends all down each clump of hair.
Stylers: Devacurl ArcAngel, KCCC, AG Recoil, Iso Bouncy Creme, Ecostyler Krystal, CCCCL, KCKT
Low Poo: Devacurl NoPoo, GTTT
Hair likes: plopping, diffusing, SMaster's, coconut and argan oil, honey, protein
"What makes a woman unforgettable? Her mind...surrounded by lots of naturally curly hair"
Wavyshibby is offline   Reply With Quote