Keeping a hair diary - I actually made a spread sheet - is a handy tool. I put everything I used on each day, the weather and the results. I didn't have to keep it up forever. Once I got things that worked for me, I stopped.

Are you using products that are drying on your hair or are you shampooing too often? When I was unhappy with my hair it was because I wasn't layering my products. I expected to find one product that would do it all. For me, layering products is essential. Leave-in, curl enhancer, light to medium hold gel, serum type product plop and diffuse is my basic routine. If my hair isn't responding I will scrunch in some more curl enhancer after I've diffused for a couple of minutes and continue diffusing.

For cleansers and conditioners I stick to more natural lines. They aren't cheap but my hair thanks me for it. I also don't use sulfates, silicones or mineral oil on my hair.

Look for people with similar hair types an see what they use and recommend. I found that helped me tremendously.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
Type: 3a fine & dense,with normal porosity, terrible product junkie
ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!