I am reposting this over here because it didn't get much love in the general forum last week. Hope that's ok

So, I love LALSG so much. The problem is, when I use it for too many days in a row, my hair gets very dry. I think for me it may be a glycerin sensitivity, because protein doesn't generally give me a problem in moderate doses. Or maybe there's just something about this formula that is drying to some people?

Anyway, I know a lot of other curlies have had dryness from LALSG, so I'm wondering... is there anything you have found that functions the same, but is less drying?

I've been switching between LALSG and Aussie Instant Freeze to avoid the dryness (or doing DTs when needed). But I'm not crazy about AIF and I wish I could find something to replace LALSG all together... just haven't found anything that makes my curls as nice. I have also been liking the Pantene curly series gel, but it doesn't have the hold power that LALSG does which I think I'll need for summer.

Thanks in advance curlies!
My hair: 3b, corkicelli, medium porosity, medium texture, medium/thick density

Co-wash: DevaCurl NoPoo
Rinse-out: GVP Conditioning Balm
Leave-in: KCKT, Suave Naturals Coconut, or my rinse-out!
Gel: SS FHG (my new HG!!)... I also like HESMU, AIF, CJ CQ, BRHG, CJ PP and the occasional LALSG

Dislikes: Glycerin

CG and loving it!