This is a great thread.

I never got asked "what are you?" until I moved to a big city. I was completely floored. It is an intriguing question, but seemed to resonate (with me) as being incredibly personal. Not sure why, but it felt akin to asking me my age or weight. My initial response was "um, American?" (yes, I said it questioningly, because I wasn't entirely sure what they were asking), their response was "No, what are you?"
It has been my experience that the people who ask this question our looking for a specific answer and that is the only answer they will accept. If they like you they will keep going until you confirm that you share their heritage. If they don't they will keep going until you confirm that you do not share their heritage. Occasionally, I will have someone I have known well for a while ask this question, when that happens I just talk openly about it, because sometimes people are just curious.
CurlyFireHorse
Hair: 2a or 3a (not sure), very porous and fine as frog hair
Day 1: Cowash and condition with AO GPB, ACV Rinse,
Co-Kra gel (this stuff is fantastic)

Day 2: KCKT, KCCC, plop, KCCC, plop again, air dry
Day 3: Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Coil Jam
Day 4: IAGirl's PT, KBB DT, FSG

Co-Kra gel is my own concoction of okra boiled in coconut milk. It is a cross between FSG and KCCC and leaves my hair very soft and shiny

Last edited by CurlyFireHorse; 03-23-2012 at 01:00 PM.