Can Geraldo Rivera STFU.. like for real..FOR REAL.

He said:
"I think the hoodie is as much responsible for Trayvon Martin's death as George Zimmerman was," Rivera said on Fox and Friends. "You have to recognize that this whole stylizing yourself as a gangsta—you're going to be a gangsta wannabe, well people are going to perceive you as a menace. That's what happens. It is an instant, reflexive action."
After co-host Steve Doocy noted that New Yorkers on Wednesday had held a "Million Hoodie March" in support of Martin, 17, Rivera added: "You cannot rehabilitate the hoodie."
Rivera continued: "There are some things that are almost inevitable. I'm not suggesting that Trayvon Martin had any kind of weapon or anything. He wore an outfit that allowed someone to respond in this irrational, overzealous way. And if he had been dressed more appropriately—I think unless it is raining out or you are at a track meet, leave the hoodie home."
In fact, it was raining out when Martin was killed.
Rivera followed that up by tweeting: "His hoodie killed Trayvon Martin as surely as George Zimmerman."
After a firestorm of online criticismincluding the publicizing by Gawker of Fox News hoodiesRivera doubled down on his argument in a series of tweets.
"Justice will come to Zimmerman the Fla shooter-but I'm trying to save lives like Trayvon's-Parents Alert: hoodies can get your kid killed," he tweeted.
And then: "My own son just wrote to say he's ashamed of my position re hoodies-still I feel parents must do whatever they can to keep their kids safe."
And finally: "Its not blaming the victim Its common sense-look like a gangsta&some armed schmuck will take you at your word."

Geraldo Rivera finds real culprit in Trayvon Martin slaying: The hoodie | The Lookout - Yahoo! News

Can he shut the heck up... that kid got killed because he was BLACK person wearing a hoodie. Not because he had a hoodie on. I live in a predominately white neighborhood and attend a predominately white Jewish synagogue... every boy I see is wearing some sort of fleece hooded jacket that zips in the front or pull over hood sweatshirt. Hell I wear hoodies! I see little girls wearing pink and purple hoodies with cartoon characters (Dora, Barbie, Disney Princesses) all the time. Are they little ganstas ???

But see..see this is what I was trying to convey. People have these darn perceptions about black folks and then when black folks take issue with it..it's US being over sensitive. This is why I can understand why folks takes issue with that ABW bs that's going on in that other thread. It's bad enough others believe it, think it, and preach..but when it's a POC that just HAS to make a point of using that ignorant behind stereotype when something goes down they don't like..it's just as bad. Sometimes it can feel even worse.. I can't yall.

I wish I didn't even read that mess.. now I'm hot again! Yeah. I got my ABW suit on... you don't like it kiss my angry black.. you know the rest.

And no I don't consider Geraldo no POC. In my view..he's a white dude. His dad's family was from Spain (to me they white folks) and his mother is a Ashkenazi Jew (they white folks).

Last edited by *Marah*; 03-23-2012 at 02:10 PM.