Sunday night, I did a braid out using coconut oil to seal my hair. Monday morning, I had a shiny, fabulous, and fluffy braid out. The coconut oil had cut down on frizz and knots from forming. I was loving the look. The weather was fairly warm. Last night, I did the same routine as Sunday. This morning, the only thing I did extra was use a little more coconut oil after I took down the braids. Big Mistake! Outside was very windy and below 50 degrees. I know coconut oil becomes a solid in cooler air and a liquid in moist air. But damn I didn't think my hair would become rock solid. My hair was dry throughout the day. It wasn't as soft as yesterday. I think I will be only using coconut, as a prepoo treatment and for braid outs in warmer weather. My hair knotted up like crazy also. Thank God I keep a tiny spray bottle in my bag. It's one of those Oyin juices sample bottles. How do I prevent my hair from becoming rock solid with coconut oil?
Products I'm currently :
  • Karen's Body Beautiful Sweet Ambrosia (Vanilla Latte scent)
  • Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Style Milk
  • Certified Organic Coconut Oil
  • Karen's Body Beautiful Heavenly Jojoba Oil
Staple Deep Conditioners: Giovanni Direct Leave-in and Karen's Body Beautiful Luscious Locks Hair Mask

Recent newbie to the Curly Girl Method
6 months post relaxer. I will be 7 months post September 17 !!

Last edited by hippiedoll; 03-27-2012 at 03:44 PM.