What bothered me is that he said the slur on a public forum for one. Then I just noticed he wrote on his wall that he is entitled to his opinion and beliefs. And if anyone doesn't like it they know what to do.

As I have said me and my friends are no where near pc, but I have never saw any of them post racial slurs on a public forum. I will admit that I have posted "sup cr@cker?" On a friend's wall and in turn they comment back, "nothing much mutt" or something like that. But I have never or witnesses any of them doing anything like this friend.

And yes everyone is entittled to their opinion. Another reason I enjoy his friendship is that we can dabate. But just throwing around racial slurs has never occured in my presents unless it was in the context I mentioned before.

The post just got me to thinking to some past incidents I never thought too much about. I'm starting to think he may not like brown people.
Originally Posted by thelio
This is why I disagree with the use of ethnic slurs in ANY context, even as a joke, even to people you are very close with and even towards yourself or your own ethnic group. While context does matter and people should be able to tell the difference in a racist or a non-racist use of a slur, it's easy for people to try to excuse their use of slurs when people of colour are using them, it can diminish your own moral authority to call it out if you use them, and it just muddies the issue unnecessarily for people who are not that evolved and gives them easy excuses, in my opinion.

If I see people writing words like cracker and mutt on facebook, I report that. I don't want to see that and it offends me.
Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali