If you're wearing sunscreen (following all directions - time, reapplication, etc.) and still getting tanned, doesn't that mean it didn't work?
Originally Posted by Saila
Sunscreen doesn't protect you from getting tanned it just protects you UV rays penetrating your skin. But it definitely protects your skin. HTH
Sent from my DROID3 using CurlTalk App
Originally Posted by Amazinnatural
Getting tanned = UV rays penetrating your skin, causing oxidative stress, melanin leakage, etc.No sunscreen protects against 100% of rays.

Saila, I have been pondering this, and I really think that what someone said earlier was correct: that you did not apply enough initially. Also, make sure your sunscreen has appropriate UVA ratings. Those are the rays which are thought to cause the release of melanin which combines with oxygen to oxidize and color the skin. I have found that a lot of sunscreens from the US (I cannot remember where you are located) do not have enough, even though they are rated as "broad-spectrum". I switched to a sunscreen rated PA+++ (I think this is from the Japanese system) and have had significantly less of this problem. As far as re-applying with makeup, I make sure I have a sunscreen with plenty of zinc oxide which is said to block most of the UVA spectrum.
4a/3c curls
Fine strands, not as densely-placed as I would like
Ayurvedic herbs are the TRUTH
Team Wash and Go!
iHerb code:UYA010 - get 5% off your first purchase

Last edited by 3c4d7zwhatevs; 04-01-2012 at 06:37 PM.