View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 11:09 AM   #3
Touch.of.ink

Default Silky Dirt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yossarian View Post
Thanks for the review! It's funny that you got such great curl definition - a lot of people seem to use Dirt to get "spikey" effects.

I've had my eye on Jonathan's Silky Dirt, which is supposed to be great for curl enhancement. I just can't get past the price: $28 for 3.5 ounces. Talk about sticker shock! I'm holding out for an Ulta promotion : )
I have very fine hair. ("Fine as frog hair" as one person here describes her hair.) That may have something to do with it.

I haven't heard of Silky Dirt (though now I'm going to go check it out), but if it's anything like Dirt, that amount will last at least a year. I'm not joking about only using a pea sized amount. I scrape up a little clump with my fingernail, and that's it.

That said, I'm with you, and will wait for a sale, or use my Amazon points on it, or something

Hair: Very fine, normal porous (Finally! Yay!), normal elasticity, loves high dew points.
Daily: Nature's Gate Tea Tree shampoo, GVP CB, Cure Care conditioner, aloe vera gel, Jessicurls products, Spiral Solutions products.
Monthly: Henna
As needed: John Masters Organics Sea Mist
HG Product: BioSilk Rock Hard Gelee (aka BRHG. It even has HG in the name!)
Last perm: 12/10/10
CG since: 3/9/12
Last haircut: 4/17/12
Gossamer Fringe (my blog)
Touch.of.ink is offline   Reply With Quote