View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 11:26 AM   #28
Touch.of.ink

Default Feeling like a curly fraud

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandamarie View Post
^ THIS FOR ME TOO. SERIOUSLY. I have to use sooooooo much product to make my waves separate out into individual s-curls (though I'm starting to like the way they're falling even with less product) that it's like "Oh ... I'm not really curly/wavy." I had an irrational fear of my best friend judging me for having curly hair products in my shower when she was staying with me, haha.
Yes! There's a part of me (you know, the evil voice self critic) that says, "You don't really have wavy/curly hair. If you did, you wouldn't need to use any product. People are secretly laughing at you for pretending to be curly/wavy."

I love your point about not having straight hair. Because I also clearly don't have straight hair and never did. What I had was a mom with straight hair that was always telling me (with the best of intentions) to brush my hair So I had frizzy hair.

Now I have wavy and curly hair, with product and styling knowledge

Hair: Very fine, normal porous (Finally! Yay!), normal elasticity, loves high dew points.
Daily: Nature's Gate Tea Tree shampoo, GVP CB, Cure Care conditioner, aloe vera gel, Jessicurls products, Spiral Solutions products.
Monthly: Henna
As needed: John Masters Organics Sea Mist
HG Product: BioSilk Rock Hard Gelee (aka BRHG. It even has HG in the name!)
Last perm: 12/10/10
CG since: 3/9/12
Last haircut: 4/17/12
Gossamer Fringe (my blog)
Touch.of.ink is offline   Reply With Quote