Hello all! I have a bit of a dilemma. Though I have perfected a routine to get the perfect soft curls I want (using curl-specific mousse), my routine takes a good chunk of time. I basically apply product to the underlayer of my hair. For the top layer that I put into clips for airdrying, I apply the product one small section of hair at a time. I have a lot of hair, and it's long, so it does take a while. And up until now I didn't mind.

However, this summer from the end of May to the beginning of September, I will be going overseas to Mozambique (Africa) and Thailand. In Moz. I'll be working with an orphanage, and in Thailand I'll be doing stuff with street children among other things.

My problem is, I KNOW I won't have time for my usual hair routine! I don't even know if I will have adequate air drying time. And I'm not bringing a blow dryer/diffuser. Too much weight in my luggage and unreliable electricity.

What can I do? Now that I'm used to having wonderful volume on the crown of my head because of clips, I can't stand the thought of going back to a triangle curly head. Please offer any advice you may have! Anything that can cut down drying time, or even how to get volume without clips, or anything else. I'd surely appreciate it! Thank you!