^ THIS FOR ME TOO. SERIOUSLY. I have to use sooooooo much product to make my waves separate out into individual s-curls (though I'm starting to like the way they're falling even with less product) that it's like "Oh ... I'm not really curly/wavy." I had an irrational fear of my best friend judging me for having curly hair products in my shower when she was staying with me, haha.
Originally Posted by amandamarie
Yes! There's a part of me (you know, the evil voice self critic) that says, "You don't really have wavy/curly hair. If you did, you wouldn't need to use any product. People are secretly laughing at you for pretending to be curly/wavy."

I love your point about not having straight hair. Because I also clearly don't have straight hair and never did. What I had was a mom with straight hair that was always telling me (with the best of intentions) to brush my hair So I had frizzy hair.

Now I have wavy and curly hair, with product and styling knowledge
Originally Posted by Touch.of.ink
I know what you mean! It's not that my hair even has all that much more wave in it, I don't think; more like, it's more consistent and defined and less poufy. But in my mind, there are "real" curlies/wavies (the ones who have curls no matter what) and then imposters. And I feel like an imposter sometimes.

But it's pretty irrational, because like I said, if I don't have wavy hair, what do I have? Just awkward bendy hair, I guess.
2a/b (really thick but sort of fine with pretty weak waves), medium-to-fine texture, normal porosity (I think). Doesn't seem to like protein.

Favorite products: Kinky-Curly Knot Today, Kinky-Curly Curling Custard, Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle, Curl Junkie Curl Rehab, Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Smoothing Lotion, Shea Moisture Curl and Style Milk, homemade flaxseed gel.

Still looking for a cleanser I like.