View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 03:57 AM   #77
bigredapmi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auntie Bubbs View Post
Thanks, BigRed. I think I understand, but I'll have to write that down and take it with me to the stylist. i don't want alot of volume at the roots, I just don't it to be so flat. I am the first to admit that I'm lazy about clipping the roots when I diffuse dry though.
I've been getting Deva cuts since 2007 so I understand about the "unevenness factor"; I've never felt that Deva cuts are unneven. My curls don't grow out unevenly from the Deva cuts so much as the ends get straggly - I guess from the layers growing out.

I've found I can go 5 or 6 months before I start to feel I need a touch-up. I'm just having a hard time finding a new Deva stylist I can trust - my old stylist is in a salon I don't trust at all. I like the stylist, I don't like the salon.

I hope it helps. Can you help me, now? What makes you trust or mistrust a stylist? Just the cut or is it a personality difference? What about the shop ? Is it something the stylist can control or is it just the place that she works?
Why are we all so lazy with the clips?? Can't tell you how often I here that. I'm also guilty of it myself. It is an incredable styling tool that I feel alot of us are missing out on.

Advanced Deva inspired Stylist
bigredapmi is offline   Reply With Quote