I too went to Ulta and had the Keratin treatment twice and loved it. I returned later to find they had the Brocato smoothing system and was also told this would be just as good. And the whole la ti da about the Keratin. Also understandable about the fumes.

Anyway, I waited my allotted time before washing my hair and when I did finally wash it, it tangled so badly that I could hardly comb throw it. Then it started breaking off every time I washed it. Needless to say, I was afraid to wash my hair. It's already fine and curly so losing my hair was not what I wanted to see. My hair was down to the middle of my back, I have since cut off 6 inches trying to cut out the product. My ends are still straight and frizzy ....weird but true.
I bought some Ovations to see if it can help my hair and it's not be coming out so much and doesn't seem to be breaking off anymore but it still tangles where my hair meets the Brocato hair and it's been almost a year since I had this done.

I see Ulta has a new product called KeraStraight Smoothing Treatment. I wonder if it's any good.

I really would like to get the Keratin Treatment done again. Loved it.