View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 12:31 PM   #4
Samanthascurlz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Charm View Post
Are you using Tresemee Flawless Curls conditioner? If so, it is loaded with silicones, and if you are not shampooing, you can bet the silicone is building upon your hair, preventing moisture from penetrating the hair shaft. Dryness, frizz, and tangles are the result. Here are the ingredients for the Flawless Curls conditioner:
Quote:
Ingredients Water (Aqua), Stearyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Aspartic Acid, Quatermium-18, Fragrance (Parfum), DMDM Hydantoin, Citric Acid, Isostearamidopropyl Ethyldimonium Ethosulfate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Limonene, Disodium EDTA, PEG-9, Amyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Polysorbate 20, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Thiamine HCl, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Ascorbic Acid, Niacinamide, Biotin.
Silicone ingredients end in -cone, -conol, or -xane. An exception is if there is PPG or PEG in front of the silicone, the PEG/PPG makes it water soluble.
I'm sorry to say that you need to clarify with a sulfate shampoo that does not contain silicones. Most VO5 shampoos will do the trick, and can be found for under a dollar. Its important to read lables, sometimes companies are sneaky and change ingredients without warning.
Tresemee Naturals, either the volumizing or moisture are silicone free, so you want to replace your Tresemee Curly line with a silicone free conditioner and just start over.
Thanks so much I knew it was bad bc I saw it has dimethicone but I cant afford anything too pricy. So the naturals is good? are you sure? I will try to get some. Maybe then it will fix this ugliness on my head.
Samanthascurlz is offline   Reply With Quote