Are you using Tresemee Flawless Curls conditioner? If so, it is loaded with silicones, and if you are not shampooing, you can bet the silicone is building upon your hair, preventing moisture from penetrating the hair shaft. Dryness, frizz, and tangles are the result. Here are the ingredients for the Flawless Curls conditioner:
Ingredients Water (Aqua), Stearyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Aspartic Acid, Quatermium-18, Fragrance (Parfum), DMDM Hydantoin, Citric Acid, Isostearamidopropyl Ethyldimonium Ethosulfate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Limonene, Disodium EDTA, PEG-9, Amyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Polysorbate 20, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Thiamine HCl, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Ascorbic Acid, Niacinamide, Biotin.
Silicone ingredients end in -cone, -conol, or -xane. An exception is if there is PPG or PEG in front of the silicone, the PEG/PPG makes it water soluble.
I'm sorry to say that you need to clarify with a sulfate shampoo that does not contain silicones. Most VO5 shampoos will do the trick, and can be found for under a dollar. Its important to read lables, sometimes companies are sneaky and change ingredients without warning.
Tresemee Naturals, either the volumizing or moisture are silicone free, so you want to replace your Tresemee Curly line with a silicone free conditioner and just start over.
Originally Posted by Lucky Charm
RAWR!!!
I just found out that the Garnier Fructis conditioner I'm using as a leave-in had a silicone ingredient in it! Dammit! Now I have to start ALL OVER AGAIN!

Listen to her, OP. Be very, very, VERY careful of what you buy. One product that used to be silicone and/or sulfate-free may suddenly have them. Before you buy, look at the back label and read it. Like Lucky Charm says: Anything that ends in -cone, -xane, or -conol needs to never touch your hair if you are planning to become hardcore CG. When it comes to sulfates, read the following link :
LIST OF SULFATES (PLEASE READ)!!!!!!! This is for you | Facebook. The ONLY time you'll ever need a sulfate-rich product is when you're washing your hair with it one last time before going full CG.
Originally Posted by whirlyhair
Thank you so much! I do read the labels but then I get lost because I get confused at whats good and whats bad and then since money is an issue I say damn I have to get it bc its so cheap and I have no other option. Im cleraly just dumb when it comes to picking out the product but I am going to try harder at making sure none of my products have that nasty crap I am also going to make a list of the bad stuff, leave it in my purse, so when I am searching for the good stuff I know what to do when reading the label.