Definitely if you're cowashing you need to stop using anything with silicones. I second the Tresemme Naturals conditioner, about the same price, no cones to build up in your hair.

Also, are you cowashing with Tresemme, and then also using it to detangle/condition? Because something that can save you money is using a really cheap conditioner (like the vo5 that was recommended, or suave - both cost about a dollar) to cowash, and your "nicer" conditioner to condition and detangle. This makes the nicer conditioner last longer because you're not using it to scrub and wash your scalp with, which is unnecessary.

Also, I don't know how your hair holds up during the day - like does it get poofy and frizz but more as it dries? If so you may need some kind of holding product (which can be cheap! depending on what you need).
Originally Posted by triple_spiral
thanks so much. Well I completely wash out the treseme flawless curls conditioner once Im done fnger combing it through. After I get out of the shower I use the shea moisture curl smoothie as a leave in conditioner. I've never thought of using two diff. types of conditioners to wash scalp/ detangle. But doesnt VO5 and Suave have silicones in it?
Originally Posted by Samanthascurlz
V05 are cone-free, same for most Suave (check first, though!). I think the idea is to use one conditioner like you would shampoo - scrub your scalp, clean your hair. I find that cheap, watery conditioners work best for this. Then, once your hair is clean and the cheap conditiner is washed out, I use my "nice" conditioner like a normal conditioner, to make my hair soft and to brush/detangle it.

Make sure you use a sulfate shampoo that doesn't have any cones first - it will get rid of all the cones in your hair so you can start "fresh"!

4a?? Maybe 3c...some 4b??? No clue

tiny s-waves, coils, and spirals

- Cleanser: CJ Daily Fix or KC Come Clean
- Co-wash: Suave Naturals or V05
- RO: GVP Conditioning Balm or Tresemme Naturals
-Stylers: Garnier Pure Clean Gel, CJ Aloe Fix, KCCC

"I remember your childhood hair....flowin' wild at the county fair" - kelley stoltz

"and all the hours that you've been sitting at your vanity....may they carry you far from your misery" - conor oberst