View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 02:10 PM   #9875
ElenaMaylee

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlyElectra View Post
When I was in HS and got into a top ten university via early decision, this guy I had known since elementary school and we used to compete with each other about grades (like, we would make fun of the other if they got a 99 on a test when our score was a 104 - yes, we were that nerdy) told me that I only got in because of affirmative action because one of our other good friends (a white girl) didn't get in and we had similar GPAs and test scores. We're still cool, but I'll never forget that he said that. It was a shining moment like, "Yep, thanks. I see how it is."
Sounds similar to what several people said to me in HS when I was accepted to certain universities that they were not. However, I grew up in a town with very few minorities so ignorant statements and down right racist comments were frequently stated to my face. However the best thing about it was I got to point out that my state has a ban on affirmative action. So I got in because I was the better applicant.

iherb coupon code AZE143 $5 off first purchase

Dense, Medium Strand hair with Normal Porosity & Elasticity

Life Long Natural

Products currently in my rotation include: Bobeam Shampoo Bars, Kinky-Curly Come Clean, Tresemme Natural Moisture, Oyin Handmade Honey Hemp, Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion, Curl Junkie Beauticurls, Curl Junkie Curl Rehab, KCCC, Curl Junkie Aloe Fix, EcoStyler, Taliah Waahid Lock It Up, and a homemade oil spritz

Last edited by ElenaMaylee; 04-11-2012 at 02:18 PM.
ElenaMaylee is offline   Reply With Quote