I am going to wait and see how it plays out in court to make a judgment on whether he should be convicted or not. Regardless, I think that an arrest speaks volumes for the justice system, and not just this case.
Originally Posted by CurlyElectra
I don't know.. I still don't have good faith in the justice system just because of this case. I think this case is high profile, created a huge media frenzy, and this huge uproar about race and Angela Corey is about to make a name for herself from this.. so she went for the gusto. And the jury might just crucify this one lone "latino" dude.

If the justice system was doing what should have.. none of this would have even gotten this far.
So I'm not jumping up and down.
Originally Posted by *Marah*
I never said that I had good faith in the justice system. All I said was that an arrest (after them initially deciding an arrest was not warranted) says something. I agree that they should have been doing what they should have in the first place, but living in the past isn't going to do anything but focus on the negative...they ended up doing the right thing, and I only hope that it continues.

And no offense Marah, but didn't you say that they did not have enough evidence to arrest him in the first place? So why would you call this justice (or the start of justice)? Why would you want him to get convicted?
People should be willing to stand by the things they say. Or they shouldn't say them. If your opinion can't stand in the light of day...maybe it should stay in the dark...in your head?
- AmberBrown

Last edited by CurlyElectra; 04-11-2012 at 04:39 PM.