I am going to wait and see how it plays out in court to make a judgment on whether he should be convicted or not. Regardless, I think that an arrest speaks volumes for the justice system, and not just this case.
Originally Posted by CurlyElectra
I don't know.. I still don't have good faith in the justice system just because of this case. I think this case is high profile, created a huge media frenzy, and this huge uproar about race and Angela Corey is about to make a name for herself from this.. so she went for the gusto. And the jury might just crucify this one lone "latino" dude.

If the justice system was doing what should have.. none of this would have even gotten this far.
So I'm not jumping up and down.
Originally Posted by *Marah*
I never said that I had good faith in the justice system. All I said was that an arrest (after them initially deciding an arrest was not warranted) says something. I agree that they should have been doing what they should have in the first place, but living in the past isn't going to do anything but focus on the negative...they ended up doing the right thing, and I only hope that it continues.

And no offense Marah, but didn't you say that they did not have enough evidence to arrest him in the first place? So why would you call this justice (or the start of justice)? Why would you want him to get convicted?
Originally Posted by CurlyElectra
CurlyElectra,

Sorry I'm just now getting back to you. I'm on the executive board at my synagogue.. we had a business meeting it ran later than expected and I had tried to use my phone to reply to you there but I had to pay attention to the meeting and my phone was acting right stupid.

Anyway..here is my reply to the above comments. Maybe you need to take your another look at how you react things on the net. I remember you making some post about how folks are LOOKING for some stuff on the net to have an issue with (my paraphrase). I didn't say in my post that you said you had good faith in anything. I said I didn't! I didn't make any comments challenging what you stated because no reason for me to do so. I was simply giving my view based on your comments. No more.. no less.

As to the arrest: Yes, I said that I didn't believe they had enough evidence to arrest him. I just didn't see how they could with the Stand Your Ground Law in place there in Florida. A lot of people didn't. So what. Now if you want to take that to mean that I think Zimmerman shouldn't be held accountable for his actions on that day he killed a guy.. that's you going on some other stuff that I didn't say. You came up with all on your own.

I'm just not moved, relieved, glad, or feeling better about the state of the USA when it comes to racism or the justice system just because some perceived "latino" dude got arrested 40 some odd days after he blew some kid away. If that makes people feel fonky that I'm not feeling cuddly about it..it just does.

Dude hasn't been convicted yet.. but I darn sure wouldn't be surprised if he was because most white folks see him as a "latino" and it ain't got ish to do with them. So if they have this latino dude out.. so be it. You seen who was mainly marching at those events.. black folks. So hell no.. I'm not getting all happy and getting warm cuddly feelings in my heart for a country that still treats the very people that built this damn country like they are uncivilized animals just cause some slick talking law lady decided to toss some charges out over this ONE case.

I'll get tickly and warm when I see black folks stop being treated like they are less than and get justice as quick and easily for their heart aches as white folks do. And if folks don't like that I feel that way.. frankly they can kiss my damn ass.

I don't have good faith in the USA justice system for black folks and I think I have good reason to feel that way..more than enough.

Now that's not getting salty with you. I respect your right to your views.. but those are mine.