OT, but crwritt, I'd love to know what you do to style your hair. It looks very pretty and healthy. I'm tempted to see what my hair would look like with soft waves, but I don't want to heat-style. Did you use a flat-iron?
Originally Posted by Spiralli
Thanks for the compliment. Its taken awhile to grow out all the old color, and using natural, or at least CG friendly product has let to a significant lack of frizz.

I'm trying to recall from looking at that picture what I did. My hair is 2c, so less tightly curled but probably coarser than yours. If I wash my usual way , with shea moisture coconut and hibiscus shampoo, scrunch in shea moisture smoothie, then ecostyler with argan oil, dry under my hard hat dryer, it is more clumpy than in that picture, so this must be second day hair that I brushed out and set with large hot rollers.

Another way I may have done it is, again, second day hair, brushed out and lightly dampened, then dryed and styled with the conair spin brush, something like blow drying with a round brush.

Another way I may have done it is to oil shampoo (pre poo with coconut oil, wash with castile soap, acv rinse, comb smooth, and brush out after it dries).
My hair also will straighten out similarly if I have had it up in a pony tail.

I hope this helps and isn't too confusing.

I gave up using a flat iron long ago, I couldn't use it without burning myself, and I find the hot rollers to be easy to use, but I don't use them very often.