So I have been giving cg a try again and I am pleased with the cleansing/conditioning part, but I am having a really hard time finding a gel that gives me enough hold. I know that it's good to try to avoid protein, cones, and polyquats in gel, but without them I'm having problems. Especially the polyquats. I have tried herbal essences totally twisted which does have dimethicone in it, but I don't get good definition at all. I was told that set me up is good (I think that's what it is called) but I noticed that it has polyquats so I was nervous. I have also tried Tresemme bouncy curls which is an extra hold, but that doesn't work great for me either. The thing that I do like is that my hair dries much faster with these gels, and I don't get the "crunch." I know that having crunchy hair has caused a lot of breakage. While my hair is drying it looks so great, but within about 4 hours it starts to get frizzy looking and I lose the definition. I used to use gels like Ouidad Tres fx & Climate Control as well as Biolage Gelee, but I hate how crunchy they make my hair. Would you agree that it is because of polyquats?

What should I do? Also, are polyquats water soluable?
3B, Fine, Low Porosity, & High Hair Density