redcelticcurls

Send a message via Yahoo to redcelticcurls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amneris View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjarette View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amneris View Post

Ladies, this is NOTHING compared to how it was then. I wish I could bump up some of those old threads... like the one where one of my dear poster-friends talked about a bank teller being racist to her... and white posters defended the banks, got personally offended because they work in banks, called her a liar and hounded her and anyone who defended her.... or some of the post-Katrina threads, or the one where Blacks were called "lazy" and "welfare bums", or the one where a white male poster defended his use of the n-word...

I know it sounds like I'm holding grudges. I'm not, or I don't think I am, since I can't actually remember who posted what - it's just something to note and be aware of when moving on.

Wow. I missed all this. Where was I? I don't hang out at OT much.

....and no, I don't think you're a grudge holder, nor do I disagree with you. I'm talking about much more benign stuff.
You joined in '09 - this stuff happened before my first son was born and he was born in '07. Katrina was 2005, right? A lot of it was around there - 2005, 2006. Many of the women of colour formed our own board to accommodate all the refugees who were leaving here in protest - we did that in '06 I think. There were 2 other boards started along with ours.
I remember one exodus in 2006 shortly after I joined. I missed the background since I was pretty new, but I remember it was ugly.

Siri types my posts for me.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
redcelticcurls is offline   Reply With Quote