Ladies, this is NOTHING compared to how it was then. I wish I could bump up some of those old threads... like the one where one of my dear poster-friends talked about a bank teller being racist to her... and white posters defended the banks, got personally offended because they work in banks, called her a liar and hounded her and anyone who defended her.... or some of the post-Katrina threads, or the one where Blacks were called "lazy" and "welfare bums", or the one where a white male poster defended his use of the n-word...

I know it sounds like I'm holding grudges. I'm not, or I don't think I am, since I can't actually remember who posted what - it's just something to note and be aware of when moving on.
Originally Posted by Amneris
The bolded is how I feel. I want to know where I stand with people. On and offline. I don't like to be blindsided...If I know someone feels a certain way, I know to go into certain conversations with them with my guard up. I mean, I think we're having a light-hearted conversation and then BAM an -ism all in my face? lol No thank you ma'am. Let me know where you stand upfront.
Originally Posted by AmberBrown
+1

and i never get why ppl act like it's abnormal for someone to remember what a poster said in the past. it seems like having a good memory is only a bad thing on message boards. if you said or did something in the recent past that is in line w/ you current behavior, or has an effect on how i view and interact with you font now, i'm going to bring it up. idk why ppl like waving off things that they said/did like a few weeks ago like it happened several years ago and it's irrelevant.

and i don't buy for a minute that ppl just completely wipe the slate clean w/ every new interaction they have w/ ppl on the board. it's not possible and it doesn't make any sense to do so. if i think a poster tends to read too deeply into my posts/ takes my jokes seriously, i just don't direct those kinds of posts to them. or if i know a poster likes to debate even the most frivolous of subjects, i just wont engage them if i'm not in the mood. there are some topics that i don't even participate in b/c i already know which side most of you will fall on, and for some of you i can guess (correctly) exactly how you will respond to certain things and what you will say. i don't see how you can possibly interact w/ ppl w/o developing some kind of perception (not harboring a grudge, not making in depth analyses about their real lives) of them. i don't know why anyone would WANT to do that. and really, half the time, the ppl who claim this will at some point end up reaching back a few months for some quote that will prove their point against whoever their talking to.

i'm rambling now, so i'll stop.
Originally Posted by Keenylicious
Well, keens - you forget that we're all just people on the net and it's not that serious.
People should be willing to stand by the things they say. Or they shouldn't say them. If your opinion can't stand in the light of day...maybe it should stay in the dark...in your head?
- AmberBrown