I don't think I've ever sent a PM because someone offended me.

I have to disagree with the idea that it doesn't matter what someone you don't know thinks. Of course for certain things that's true, but it does have an effect on me, even indirect as it may be, that someone holds racist/sexist/etc. views. Those things affect everyone. Now I get that the odds of changing anyone are slim, but then there are people who will tell you that they did change, and it was because there were people who were willing to question and contest their views.
Originally Posted by Saria
I didn't say it doesn't matter. If that was the case, we would never talk about anything here-- but hair lol. My words were butt hurt ( SN-- I pick up too much of the vernacular around these parts and it sounds so out of place IRL sometimes) and I think sometimes getting that invested in what an anonymous person thinks is too much IMO.
Originally Posted by cheveuxbouclés
It is. I care what my mom thinks. I care what my close friends think.

I know their hearts, and they know mine. There's history and they have my best interests at heart.

People on a message board don't carry the same weight...and they shouldn't. Message board "relationships" can be very fickle.
Platinum Product Junkies
The Facebook
| The Twitter

The Product Lines:
Curl Junkie, b.a.s.k, Siamese Twists, Bobeam, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Amazing Botanicals, Zuresh, Dabur Vatika, Karen's Body Beautiful, Curls Unleased, Broo, Qhemet Biologics, Signature Texture, Darcy's Botanicals, Shea Moisture

Last edited by Ninjarette; 04-12-2012 at 07:45 PM.