View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 11:06 AM   #1
happycurls24

Smile Tried Olive Oil and Egg leave in

Hi everyone!

I have been on a budget so I've been trying to find some leave in treatments from household items to make my hair oh so beautiful! LOL!

Usually I just use mayo and a shower cap and leave that in for 30 min before rinsing with warm water (they say you should do cold to avoid 'cooking' the egg on your head)

Anyways...

I heard about the egg/olive oil/avocado treatment but I didn't have any avocado so I just mixed one egg and some olive oil.
I left it in about 25 minutes and then rinsed out. Coming out of the shower my hair seemed longer. I think it loosened my curls. They felt softer but the crown of my head looked a little frizzy. Now later on in the day my hair feels extremely soft, kind of like it does when I don't use any products, but I used all the same products I usually do so the treatment must have really softened my hair. My hair is a little frizzier than normal but it isn't terrible so I'm still wearing my hair down.
I think the mayo treatment I do works better at conditioning my hair AND making it less frizzy, but my hair has never felt softer than it does right now.

Anyone else used this or similar treatments?

Conditioner:
Aussie Moist

Shampoo: Organix Shampoo

Other products: Paul Mitchell Sculpting Foam Mousse, LA looks Sport gel, & whatever is cheapest for a frizz serum.

happycurls24 is offline   Reply With Quote