Hey everyone,

I'm a newbie to this site. I found it when I was trying to figure out how to grow my hair longer. I have no idea what my hair style is because depending on what I do it can range from 2A to 3a (I think) and the hair length varies as well because of that. All I know is that I have fine hair and a lot of it. I guess when I immediately get out of the show the longest part of my hair reaches the bottom of my shoulder-blades and I usually just scrunch the hair when it is soaking wet and throw it up into a bun and let it air dry. My hair also tends to go into ringlets on the bottom layer and anywhere from 2a waves to 2c waves on the top layer. For example this morning I woke up with my hair being mostly 2a waves until the ends which were in a combination of 2b to 2c on the top and middle layers of my hair and 3a coils on the bottom most layer after I water washed it in a sink the night before.

I am a college student who is on rather busy schedule who doesn't bother with hair products other than conditioner and shampoo. I usually do a full wash (shampoo and conditioner) once a week, co-wash every other day or every 2 days, and then water wash intermittently when I don't have time to do anything else. When I condition and shampoo for some reason, I do not get as much of a curl as I do when I water wash. I get even less of a curl when I run a brush through my hair when it gets too difficult to finger comb without tearing out my hair because the loose hairs that are supposed to be shed have a nasty habit of wrapping around the other curls. So when I brush my hair out (I do this rarely like once a month or 2 months) it gets frizzy but I dampen it afterwards to lose the frizz. Since I had to do that brushing out today my hair is my guess 2a on the top layers and 2b on the bottom.

Anyways I have no idea if I am taking care of my hair correctly and I would like to learn how to do that. The major goals I have are to grow my hair to my waist at the curliest and healthiest it can be. So any advice about how I can do that would be fantastic.
Thanks!
-Liz