I was going to tell you to determine your texture and porosity, but you've already said that it's fine and I suspect that it may be on the porous side because you talk about damage. That could change as your hair becomes healthier; however, it may not.

Because your hair is fine and probably porous, my advice to you is protein, protein and more protein! To balance it out, you'll need moisture. You may just be surprised what your hair might do.

Many of us try Deva first, think we might like them and then move on to other things. The second line I tried was Jessicurl. It made my hair limp and lifeless in a week. My hair prefers the more natural products from the online, boutique type companies. It's all trial and error. Over time, you will discover what your hair likes and how to take care of it.

Good luck on your curly journey.
3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
modified CG, since April '07
CG since 3/11/08

SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic (now Hello Curly Curl Stimulater); Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix and CCCC