View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 10:22 AM   #1018
ursula

I might have something to report. I'm being cautiously optimistic, but I went out with a guy yesterday that I really like so far. There are a few red flags, but I'll get to that in a second.

He's really good-looking (the only really good-looking guy I've dated so far on OKC, and I've been out with about 10 or 12 guys in the past 2 1/2 months), a good conversationalist, funny, smart, etc. He seems really into me already--said it was the best first date he'd ever had--and I'm into him. We've already talked about getting together again this week. Sounds great, right?

Here's the biggest (to me) of the red flags: he's really body-conscious. He recently lost a lot of weight and he's super invested in his fitness. But not only his own fitness: he said on his profile that he really likes women with flat stomachs. Who says that on their profile? I'm really having trouble reconciling the different parts of his personality. One of the things I liked about him, actually, was that he was up front about having been heavy once, because I was too. We've both lost about 40 pounds in the last year, so I could relate to him in that way. But he's reached his goal and I haven't. So, if he's into flat stomachs, he's going to be gravely disappointed!

Corrina: It's funny that you're posting to this thread nowadays, because you actually gave me some good ab advice in the "Fitness" forum. It has helped, but I still have issues with my stomach.

Clearly, the guy is attracted to me, but I'm feeling very self-conscious. I don't know how I could ever get naked in front of him!