View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 07:57 PM   #1019
diaspora

er
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderlashes5000 View Post
So diaspora and envgirl -- I am not being too prudish? (I know diaspora and I are around the same age...)

And the thing was, he was saying all the right things during the phone call and I was starting to feel like maybe we were on the same page. Maybe he really was a good guy.

I just like to take the physical stuff slowly w/ guys I meet online...bc I simply don't know them at all and haven't been around them enough to have allowed any chemistry to develop "organically."

I am not the type to have sex on the first date...or anything remotely like that. I haven't even kissed anyone I met online for at least 3 dates.

I am not some horny kid. I'm a mature, professional woman who is a single mother, looking for a stable, meaningful long-term relationship. I don't understand why he would start out on that foot...and w/ someone like me, especially, as I give no indication that I am looking for casual sex or dic pics or what have you...

I'm very disappointed bc sending a pic like that seemed out of character for this guy (based on the little I was learning of his character), and it didn't help his case.

He had been lamenting his lack of success thus far on the site...complaining that his interactions w/ the women he's met aways seem to fizzle out quickly. Hmmmm, could this be why?

Do you think it's worth discussing w/ him?
Spiderlashes,

I AM someone who has been known to have sex on the 1st date and I still would be off-put by someone who sent me a provocative pic before we'd actually gotten physical, or even met. He could be a perfectly nice guy and just clueless, but it's not your job to educate him. If you WANT to inform him that that wasn't cool and is likely what has been turning women off, I don't see anything wrong with that. If he has an explanation that's as revealing as his photo, pun intended, and it makes you feel better, then maybe you don't have to write the guy off. But I'd expect his reaction to be lame.
Fall/Winter HG=Alba Botanica Soft Hold Style Cream.
Spring/Summer HG=MGA Sculpting Gel
Current fave LI=Madre Labs Made by Nature for Baby Conditioner.
Limit oils, butters, glycerin.
diaspora is offline   Reply With Quote